Wondering how to start conversations with your child(ren) about spiritual topics? Wilmington Yearly Meeting offers these queries for children to get you started:
- Do you try to feel God’s love wherever you are? Do you pray everyday and follow Christ’s example at school and at home?
- Do you come to meeting and Sunday School ready to listen with your heart and ears to God and to others?
- Do you show God’s love by treating others the way you would want to be treated?
- Do you try to stay away from drugs, alcohol, and tobacco? Do you take part in healthy recreational activities?
- Do you serve God by being kind to others and helping them when you can?
- Do you try to solve problems with others in a peaceful manner?
This is by no means an exhaustive list! What queries would you propose, to help children consider their inward lives?